Cyclic Sulfonamides for Drug Design
Sulfonamides are popular in drug discovery: more than 100 FDA-approved drugs on the market are sulfonamide-containing. Bioactive cyclic sulfonamides (sultams) include the anticonvulsant Sultiame (Bayer) and the anti-inflammatory drug Piroxicam (Pfizer). Mostly, the N-aryl substituted sultams are synthesized from the corresponding anilines. Herein, we present a library of aliphatic sultams that can be easily alkylated at the N-atom. These compounds can be considered as water-soluble mimics of common cyclic amines – pyrrolidines, piperidines, etc.
We offer>50 unique sultams on 5-50 g scale in stock.
- Sugar-like Building Blocks for Drug Design
- Cyclic Sulfonamides for Drug Design
- Morpholine Bioisosteres for Drug Design
- P(O)Me2-containing Building Blocks for Drug Design
- Saturated Bioisosteres of ortho-/meta-substituted Benzenes
- Saturated bioisosteres of para-substituted benzenes
- Sulfonyl fluorides (-SO2F)
- Oxetane-containing Building Blocks