Benzoxaboroles for Drug Design
Benzoxaborole is a versatile boron-heterocyclic scaffold which has found in the last 10 years a broad spectrum of applications in medicinal chemistry. The use of benzoxaborole moiety in the design of compounds led to the discovery of new classes of anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-protozoal, anti-viral and as anti-inflammatory agents with interesting drug development perspectives. Two benzoxaborole derivatives are already clinically used for the treatment of onychomycosis (Tavaborole) and atopic dermatitis (Crisaborole), with several others in various phases of clinical trials.
Properties of benzoxaboroles:
- Low biotoxicity.
- Good solubility in water.
- They can coordinate to O and N.
- Ability to interfere protein synthesis.
- Covalent bonding- and nonbonding interactions with protein targets.
- SnAP Reagents
- Fluoroalkyl ethers for Drug Design
- N-Trifluoromethyl Azoles for Drug Discovery
- Cyclic sulfates and sulfamidates as alkylating reagents
- Saturated Bioisosteres for ortho-substituted Benzenes
- Aliphatic Trifluoroborates (-BF3) for C-C couplings
- Functionalized Vinyl Boronates for C-C couplings
- Unique 3D-shaped Spirocycles
- Water-soluble non-classical benzene mimics
- gem-Difluorinated Amines for Drug Design
- Fluorosulfates and Sulfamoyl Fluorides
- Alkyne-containing Linkers
- Structurally optimized tetrazines for rapid biological labeling
- Building blocks and linkers for PROTAC synthesis
- Heterocyclic Sulfonyl Fluorides
- Silicon-Containing Building Blocks
- Epoxides for Drug Design
- Analogues of CF3-Pyridine for Drug Design
- Piperazine Bioisosteres for Drug Design
- Sugar-like Building Blocks for Drug Design
- Cyclic Sulfonamides for Drug Design
- Morpholine Bioisosteres for Drug Design
- P(O)Me2-containing Building Blocks
- Saturated Bioisosteres of ortho-/meta-substituted Benzenes
- Saturated bioisosteres of para-substituted benzenes
- Sulfonyl fluorides (-SO2F)
- Oxetane-containing Building Blocks
- SF5-Building Blocks
- Stannanes for coupling reactions
- Sulfoximines for Drug Design
- Heterocyclic scaffolds
- Azide-linkers for Drug Design
- Unnatural Amino Acids
- Cubanes for Medicinal Chemistry
- Benzoxaboroles for Drug Design